The aim of this program is to prepare school district leaders with the leadership and management skills needed to lead their organizations to the improvement of student learning. It is designed to prepare current building principals and mid-level administrators to meet the leadership challenges to be faced by school superintendents in the twenty-first century.
Certification as a school district superintendent
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1) Graduate GPA of 3.2+
2) GRE = 750+
3) Three years of full-time teaching
4) Additional two years of experience in specific leadership positions
5) Master's in Education degree
6) Completed both Level 1 and Level 2 preparation and hold required certificationsProgram Requirements:
1) Satisfactorily complete all course work and earn a GPA of 3.2 or above on all graduate work attempted
2) Apply for completion in the Graduate Office at the appropriate time
3) Unconditionally admitted
4) Must successfully complete an exit professional portfolio