Skip to main content

Course Reserves

Placing Material on Reserve

Electronic Reserves
  • In order for an item to be placed on electronic reserve, the Library must be provided with a clear copy of the reserve material.
  • Reserve material should be on 8½ X 11 or 8½ X 14 inch paper and should not be stapled, folded, or creased.
Traditional Reserves
  • In order for the Library to place an item on traditional reserve, instructors should give the reserve material to the staff at the Circulation Desk.
  • Material placed on reserve may be in any form (book, DVD, map, etc...). This material may be the property of the library or the instructor.
  • This material will be made available to students at the circulation desk upon request.

Required for Both Types of Reserves

Reserve material should have the following information attached:


Additional information may be required upon completion of the reserve form. A copy of the course syllabus is helpful.


Course Reserves Forms


Things to Remember

Placing an item on reserve may require 2-3 days, especially at the beginning of a semester. Please have the item and its associated form completed at the earliest possible time prior to its intended classroom use.  We cannot maintain a permanent reserve collection. All reserves will be returned to the instructor or placed back into circulation at the end of the semester.


Copyright Permissions Service

The Library will obtain clearance for your use of copyrighted materials that are available in the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), but please be aware that cost limitations do apply ($150 per class per semester).

For materials that are not available via the CCC or that exceed the cost limitation, it is the instructor's responsibility to obtain copyright permissions as needed.

For more information, visit Copyright Permission Service.

Below is one example of a copyright letter to be sent to the publisher for an item which needs permission from the copyright holder in order to be placed on reserve or e-reserve at the library.


If you have questions, please contact Kevin Horton at 606-783-2238.

  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Admissions
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Financial Aid
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Accounting & Financial Services (Student Billing)
    207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, KY 40351
  • Registrar
    201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351
Major In You.