Official Transfer Transcript Policy
Students transferring to MSU will be required to submit official transcripts from each institution attended. When submitting official transcripts to MSU, students can:
- Have an official copy mailed to MSU Admissions or the Office of the Registrar
- Have an official copy sent electronically via secured server or secured email service from the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or eSCRIP-SAFE
- Hand-deliver an official, school-issued copy in a sealed envelope (transcripts delivered in an open envelope will not be considered official)
Students that have not submitted an official copy of each transcript by midterm following the semester for which they were admitted will have a hold placed on their account preventing pre-registration for the next term.
Course Transfer Equivalencies
We accept credit from institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Higher Education (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges -- Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools – Higher Learning Commission (NCA)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC)
We have developed equivalency charts for many of the colleges in our area. These charts are not meant to include all coursework from any of these colleges, this is a listing of some of the more popular courses that are transferred to MSU. A course equivalency does not guarantee that a course will be marked a repeat and course level is determined by the course taken, not the course it may be substituted for at MSU.
Please select your transfer institution: