Early Graduate School Program
The Graduate School is pleased to announce the Early Graduate School Program. The program provides an opportunity for MSU undergraduate students who have completed 90 or more credit hours towards the completion of the baccalaureate degree to be considered for early admission to the Graduate School and to enroll in graduate coursework. Students may earn up to a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours while holding undergraduate concurrent admission.
To be eligible for the program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Must have an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 at the time of admission.
- Must maintain an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 and a graduate grade point average of at least 3.0 to continue in the Early Graduate School Program.
- Must submit an Early Graduate School Program application and a graduate program admission application (there is a $30 application fee for the graduate application).
- Undergraduate concurrent admission to the Graduate School must be approved by the program specific department representative and the Graduate Dean.
- For your convenience, please see the Early Grad School Checklist.
All undergraduate students who participate in this program must submit a graduate application at the beginning of the semester requested and go through the official admission process. Students must meet admission criteria to their chosen program and admission will be decided by the department. Students participating in the Early Graduate School Program are ineligible for a graduate assistantship. Students will be billed at the undergraduate tuition rate for graduate courses.
For more information, contact us at 1-800-585-6781 or stop by the Graduate School in 701 Ginger Hall.