The Office of Undergraduate Research promotes the academic and intellectual culture of the campus through the support of student and faculty research, where research is broadly defined to include the scholarly and creative activities of all disciplines. Student research is promoted through several programs, including:
- The Undergraduate Research Fellowship program, in which you are encouraged and financially supported to work as junior colleagues with faculty mentors engaged in all types of disciplinary scholarship
- The Annual Celebration of Student Scholarship, which showcases the research, scholarly and other creative activities of all faculty-mentored student projects
- Enhanced institutional memberships in the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) and the Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) which provide free individual memberships to all interested faculty, staff, and students
- The office offers a matching travel fund which provides support for students presenting their scholarly works at professional meetings
- We provide a free large-format poster printing service for all students presenting their scholarly work at both on and off-campus professional meetings.
The Office of Undergraduate Research and MSU faculty members are committed to providing students with high-quality research and creative opportunities.