Celebration of Student Scholarship
The purpose of the Annual MSU Celebration of Student Scholarship is to share and showcase the outstanding scholarly work of students involved in the Undergraduate Research Fellowship program to the greater campus community. Initiated in the Spring of 2006, the annual celebration has grown into a day-long event of presentations, exhibitions, and performances by students from all colleges including Business and Technology, Education, Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, and Science.
Over the past two decades, the involvement of students in faculty-mentored research, scholarly, and creative work has been a rapidly growing national phenomena. Engaging students in faculty-mentored scholarly activities at the undergraduate level has been demonstrated to enhance student intellectual development, increase the number of students pursuing advanced degrees, and enhance retention and graduation rates. At MSU, faculty in all disciplines are engaging students, outside the traditional classroom setting, in their professional scholarly endeavors. Based upon these collaborations, students are presenting, exhibiting, and performing at state, regional, and national forums. Last year, 264 students presented 203 scholarly papers, posters, and/or performances mentored by 88 faculty from every department on campus.
12th Annual MSU Celebration of Student Scholarship: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- 7:45 AM to 8:30 AM — Registration/continental breakfast (Camden-Carroll Library, 2nd floor); Oral presentations set-up (Camden-Carroll Library); Poster set-up (Button Auditorium, Drill Room)
- 8:30 AM to 10:15 AM — Oral presentations
- 10:15 AM to 10:30 AM — Break
- 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM — Oral presentations
- 11:45 AM to 12 PM — Break
- 12 PM to 1:15 PM — Oral presentations
- 1:15 PM to 3 PM — Poster presentations (Button Drill Room)
- 3 PM to 4 PM — Reception (Button Drill Room)
- 4 PM to 4:15 PM — Gallaher Memorial Music Performance (Button Auditorium)
- 4:15 PM to 5 PM — Awards (Button Auditorium)