Major in you at Morehead State. Your interests. Your passion. Your future. If you’re looking for a full college experience at a university that feels like a small private college, apply now and join the Eagle Nation.
A student is considered a freshman at MSU, when he or she has:
- No previous college coursework, or
- Completed college coursework prior to high school graduation, or
- Has some college credit completed through early college or dual credit program, and
- Is a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Complete the Undergraduate Admission & Scholarship Application and submit your $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Submit your official ACT or SAT scores (minimum ACT of 18 or SAT of 860 required for unconditional admission).
- Submit a copy of your OFFICIAL high school transcripts (must be signed and sealed from your school) to the Office of Enrollment Services. GED recipients, submit your GED scores and certificate to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Have an admission index of 500 to be admitted unconditionally. Calculate your admission index using the formula below.
( _______ High School GPA x 100 ) + ( _______ ACT x 10) = _______ Admission Index
We also admit students provisionally with an index of 475-499 or conditionally with an index of 450-474. Provisionally or conditionally admitted students will be required to participate in specific student success programming.
Your enrollment services counselor
can help. We have enrollment counselors dedicated to geographic regions who make regular trips to Kentucky, Southern Ohio, as well as regional and national college fairs.