As a military veteran, you’ve dedicated your life to your country. Morehead State University couldn’t provide the opportunities we do to countless students without your sacrifice and service.
The authentic MSU experience is the reason we continue to be highlighted among the very best regional universities in the South and we want you to have this experience along with the benefits you will receive as a student-veteran. MSU is nationally recognized as one of the top military and veteran friendly schools in the nation.
You’ll find faculty dedicated to your goals and what it takes to achieve them. You’ll have access to staff and services focused on your unique needs to help you make a smooth transition from military to civilian life. You’ll find exceptional academic programs that give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed in your career upon graduation.
This is the MSU difference. It’s a commitment to you and your success and it starts when you enroll and continues throughout your life.
You have done so much for our country, MSU wants to do more for you. The following are ways MSU is assisting you with your educational pursuits:
- Application fee waived with appropriate documentation: As a thank you for your service, MSU waives the $30 application processing fee for veterans with proper documentation (DD-214, active duty orders, certification of eligibility, ID card). Apply Online
- Priority registration: Student-veterans participate in early registration (two days prior to Advance Registration.)
- Credit for military training and service: Your enrollment counselor will work with the Office of the Registrar and your academic department to provide you with appropriate credit for your military training and service.
- Veterans Benefits
- No academic penalty upon deployment with proper documentation: If you are deployed or must perform service–related duties that take you away from the classroom, you will incur no academic or financial penalty.
- LTC Alan R. Baldwin Veterans Resource Center: A study lounge and resource center for veterans is provided to current students. A great place to relax, meet with friends, research assignments, print reports and find information about veterans benefits, the center is located in 304 Breckinridge Hall.
- Defense Activity of Nontraditional Education Support affiliate (DANTES): MSU delivers classes anywhere in the world online.
- MSU Eagle Vets – Student Veterans of American (SVA) member: You will find a strong sense of veteran camaraderie at MSU. Organizations like the Eagle Vets encourage student veterans and their families to get involved on campus and will help you feel a sense of community at MSU.
- Counseling Resources & Referrals: The counselors at the Morehead State University Counseling & Health Services clinic have been trained to assist our student veterans with service-related counseling and health needs in a safe and confidential environment. Additionally, the Morehead VA clinic is less than three miles from Morehead State's campus.