The School of Engineering & Information Systems at Morehead State will prepare you for a variety of technology based careers. The School of Engineering & Information Systems includes the Department of Engineering & Technology Management and the Department of Computer Science & Information Systems. We offer associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs that will give you an edge in a competitive job market. Our programs offer hands-on learning opportunities in computers, robotics, 3D printing and more. With the completion of the 21st Century Center for Manufacturing Systems, you'll gain even more hands-on skills with the latest manufacturing technologies.
At MSU, you'll have the chance to work side-by-side with faculty members who are conducting groundbreaking research through our Undergraduate Research Fellowship program. You may even have the opportunity to present that research at regional and national conferences, and you could have your work published in undergraduate research journals. You'll have the support you need to achieve your goals from the moment you become an Eagle until you cross the stage at graduation. Our Tutoring and Learning Center can help you succeed academically, and our Office of Career Services will set you on the path to a rewarding career through resume enhancement, interview preparation and more.
The School of Engineering and Information Systems (SEIS) aspires to integrate engineering, technology, information systems, innovation, and experiential learning to better prepare you for a dynamic workforce and/or advanced professional studies.
Our overarching mission is to prepare you to harness technology and its applications to equip you with the knowledge and skills to help employers adapt to change and focus on sustainable technology solutions. We accomplish this by providing you with unique research opportunities, experiential learning and advanced study of technological concepts.
The School of Engineering & Information Systems has a number of goals, with the ultimate goal of helping you become a competent, knowledgeable professional. Goals include:
- Providing a venue for learning the principles of engineering, technology, management, project management, information systems, computer science, healthcare informatics, and analytics. This is accomplished through a robust curriculum and classes conducted in traditional, hybrid, and online digital learning environments.
- Committing to continuous improvement through stakeholder engagement, industry relations, and assurance of learning (AoL) across all degree programs to ensure our curricula provide the best possible return on students’ educational investment.
- Linking our curriculum, research and outreach efforts to the driving trends and forces of our economy, including big data, information technology, engineering and technology, globalization, and innovation.
- Collaborating with the Kentucky Community & Technical College System (KCTCS) and other community colleges for seamless transfer agreements. This effort leverages our resources to provide for integration, networking opportunities and interdisciplinary frameworks with educational partners throughout MSU’s service region, the state and nation.
- Offering you the best career management opportunities through the Student Services Center and/or the faculty advisors in each discipline.
- Fostering the growth of SEIS faculty and staff through professional development that augments teaching and research.
- Identifying and attracting qualified international students for graduate studies.
- Establishing and expanding partnerships with other institutions of higher education in the USA as well as abroad in the areas of student/faculty exchange, research collaborations, and technology transfer.
- Maintaining national accreditation through discipline specific organizations.
- New Technology Management Option Available
- ETM Students Present Research Projects at Mazak
- MSU named to Best Online Engineering Degree List for 2016
- Apply to MSU