MSU MAT program informational sessions scheduled
College graduates who are interested in a career as a teacher may want to attend one of the upcoming information sessions on the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at Morehead State University.
MSU offers three MAT programs (middle school/secondary/interdisciplinary early childhood education) in which degree holders with no prior teaching experience may obtain a master’s degree and teacher certification, while employed as a teacher.
Orientation sessions for the MAT program at MSU will be held at various locations from April 24 through May 8. At the sessions, program design, including admission and application processes for middle, secondary and interdisciplinary early childhood education will be discussed.
Interested persons are encouraged to bring transcripts and GRE or Praxis I (PPST, CORE/CASE) scores for evaluation purposes. Registration for the GRE, PPST or the Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE/CASE) exam can be completed through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website at www.ets.org.
Sessions will be held on these dates and locations:
On MSU’s Morehead campus, orientation meetings are available by appointment.
- Monday, April 24, 4:30 p.m., Main campus (801 Ginger Hall);
- Tuesday, April 25, 1 p.m., Kentucky State University, Frankfort;
- Tuesday, April 25, 4 p.m., Mason County High School;
- Tuesday, April 25, 4:30 p.m., Morgan County Public Library, West Liberty;
- Wednesday, April 26, 4 p.m., MSU at Ashland:
- Thursday, April 27, 3 p.m., Morton Middle School in Lexington.
- Thursday, April 27, 4:30 p.m., MSU at Mt. Sterling;
- Monday, May 8, 4:30 p.m., Main campus (801 Ginger Hall)
For additional information or to make an appointment, contact Michelle Roberts, coordinator of MAT Admissions and undergraduate certification, at 606-783-2503 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.