The Edgar Tolson Folk Art Library was made possible through a gift from Dr. and Mrs. Paul Maddox, of Campton, Ky., whose generous contribution honors the memory of one of Kentucky’s best known artists, folk or fine. The Library recently received hundreds of volumes donated by the family of the late Richard and Maggie Wenstrup. The Library is available at no charge to groups in need of a meeting space, and the books and other resource materials there may be used but cannot leave the facility.
Research through Morehead State University’s Camden-Carroll Library includes the listings for the Tolson Library, and below are links and directions:
1. Go to Morehead State University Library
2. Select "CATALOG."
3. Select "Relevance/Ranked Keyword."
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select "SET LIMITS
6. Under Location, select "KENTUCKY FOLK ART CENTER"
7. Select "SET LIMITS
8. This will take you back to the previous screen but "Search Limits in Effect" will appear near the top of the page.
9. Now enter your query in "Search for" box, select category in "Search by" box and click "SEARCH
To expand your search, select "CLEAR LIMITS
" and reset the details.
You can remove "limits" to expand your search to the entire MSU library catalog which has additional folk art titles.