MSU Adult Learning Centers are grant-funded through Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) to provide free services for Kentucky residents who fulfill one of the following criteria:
- 19 years of age or older and never received a high school diploma
- Obtained a high school diploma but demonstrate a need in any of the basic skill areas on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). The TABE is administered during orientation.
- Age 16-18 and provide official documentation of withdrawal from school
Our Mission is to provide adults in our service region with the means and opportunities to develop and improve skills essential to greater financial stability and self-sufficiency. We believe learning is a key element in individual pursuits of well-being and happiness, as well as community growth and economic development.
- Group and individual instruction in basic skills areas (reading, writing, math)
- Preparation for the certification exams (GED, WorkKeys)
- GED Readiness Tests – a pre-requisite to taking the GED exam
- WorkKeys exam - to earn the National Career Readiness Certificate
- Preparation for college entrance exams (ACT, Compass)
- Diverse study options with flexible schedules
- Commonwealth Educational Opportunities Counselor – on-site
- English as a Second Language
- Connections to community resources
Pursuing your educational goals is as easy as registering for an orientation with the MSU Adult Learning Center.
- Call (606) 783-2871 to register for orientation.
- At orientation, you will learn about the available services and complete a series of initial assessments.
The General Educational Development certificate (GED) is a high school equivalency diploma recognized by businesses, technical colleges and universities.
To take the GED, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 19 years of age (applicants 16-18 years of age may take the GED after being officially withdrawn from public or private school for a minimum of 90 days)
- Kentucky resident
- Pass the official practice GED (administered free of charge at the Adult Learning Center)
Locations and Hours
19 Water St.
Owingsville, KY 40360
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
3400 Indian Mound Dr.
Mt. Sterling, KY 40353
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
155 University Dr.
West Liberty, KY 41472
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
226 Rose Way
Stanton, KY 40380
Tuesday/Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. & Thursday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
316 E. Main St.
Morehead, KY 40351
Monday/Tuesday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. & Wednesday/Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
168 Old Wolfe Co. Elem. School Rd.
Campton, KY 41301
Monday/Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. & Tuesday/Thursday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.