Outdoor Adventures (OA) is a division of Campus Recreation & Wellness which focuses on providing a wide variety of outdoor-based opportunities for the campus community.
OA programs are for everyone! Whether you are an experienced adventurer or want to try a new activity, we can help.
What we offer:
Join us on adventures throughout the state and region for lots of different activities, including:
- rock climbing
- whitewater rafting
These short clinics provide the campus community with an opportunity to learn a new skill or improve existing skills. Workshops include:
- Where to Go and What to Know: sharing and learning more about the opportunities the local area provides.
- Backcountry Cooking: get some practice using our camping stoves and have fun with friends learning new recipes.
- Land Navigation: learn the basics of map & compass navigation, and learn some helpful tricks to get your bearings if you stray off the trail.
- Minimizing Outdoor Impact: discuss the importance of treading lightly and easy techniques for limiting the negative impact during our adventures outdoors.
- Knots Clinic: break out the ropes and learn some knots. Practical solutions for everyday challenges!
Check the Outdoor Adventures Event schedule to see what we're offering this semester!
Outdoor Equipment Rental
Outdoor Adventures is stocked up with almost anything you'll need for an outdoor trip of your own. We recommend you stop by with plenty of time before your trip to reserve the equipment you'd like.
Click the Equipment Rental tab on the left for a list of prices and equipment items.