This 66 semester-hour degree program is designed to prepare qualified candidates for licensure and practice as Licensed Professional Counselor Associates (LPCA). Six semester hours (EDGC 699A) in this Ed.S. program are not required for LPCA licensure. These six hours and completion of an Applied Project are required for the Ed.S. degree.
Educational Specialist in Counseling
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1) Bachelor's or Master's degree in approved area
2) GGPA of 3.5+ or UGPA of 3.0+
3) GRE = 800 or a 33 raw score on the Miller Analogy Test
4) Applicant's background in the area of specialization
5) Recommendations from selected referencesProgram Requirements:
1) Unconditional admission to the program
2) 60 semester hours of coursework
3) Successful completion of an applied project
4) Successful completion of an oral examination and oral defense of applied project report