The graduate program in counseling prepares people as school counselors and mental health counselors at the Educational Specialist level. Graduates in the Educational Specialist programs develop advanced skills in clinical work and research. Successful completion of the requirements leads to a Provisional Counseling Certificate grades P-12.
Educational Specialist in Counseling
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1) A master's degree in School Counseling and provisional certification as a school counselor
2) One year of successful work experience
3) Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.5+
4) GRE composite score of 800 or a 33 raw score on the Miller Analogies TestProgram Requirements:
1) Twenty-four semester hours of course work approved by the student's advisory committee
2) Completion of an applied project (six semester hours)
3) Comprehensive written or oral examinations
4) Must be unconditionally admitted