The Specialist in Education degree program offers students who have demonstrated superior scholastic ability and special interest and aptitude in certain areas the opportunity to gain a high level of competency in a chosen specialized field for service as instructors, supervisors, or administrators.
Educational Specialist in Instructional Leadership
Admission to Morehead State University (see MSU admission requirements).
1. General admission to graduate study.
2. Documentation of the candidate’s skills and understanding related to their ability to improve student achievement, leadership, and advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment. This will include the applicant’s written statement, letters of recommendation, and artifacts from a professional portfolio. Letters of recommendation will be from educational leaders who are familiar with the applicant’s leadership ability.
3. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
4. A valid teaching certificate.
5. Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA on all graduate work completed.
6. Resume or vita (3 page maximum) documenting professional/leadership or educational technology, instructional design and training experience