Music Scholarships & Financial Aid
Music scholarship awards are available to qualified students as determined through a scholarship audition. These awards serve numerous students annually. All awards are contingent upon admission to the University.
Each year the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance offers numerous scholarships to talented music-major and music-minor students. Students who enter MSU are eligible for the following and more:
- Generous talent-based music scholarships for entering new students, regardless of student need;
- Scholarship opportunities for new and returning / current students only (these awards are determined by the music faculty and no application is required);
- Generous non-resident tuition scholarships for academically qualified students;
- Eagle Excellence Award: KEESx2 (KY residents only). 100% match of Kentucky Education Excellence Scholarship (KEES);
- College Access Program Grant (KY residents only). One time monetary award;
- Additional institutional scholarships based on merit and need (see http://www.moreheadstate.edu/scholarships);
- External site devoted to additional opportunities available in the US.
- Note that all Federal and State need-based financial aid and loans require the FAFSA. It is recommended that this form be completed as soon as possible.
The Music Admission and Scholarship Committee considers many criteria before recommending a candidate for a scholarship award including the candidate's performance ability, potential for academic success, anticipated contribution to the program and the needs within the department. Music scholarship awards are renewable for up to four years provided that the student meets the expectations of the scholarship agreement.