Research and Sponsored Programs Calendar
- The Appalachian Rural Dental Education Partnership (ARDEP), funded by the Appalachian Regional Commission since 2011, is a partnership between MSU, The University of Kentucky and St. Claire Regional Medical Center formed to develop a sustainable rural dental education program for the Appalachian region of Kentucky. Additionally, the program helped establish onsite oral health services. This informational video feature provides more information.
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is proud of Morehead State University’s world-class faculty, whose dedication to teaching, service and research are highlighted in the inaugural edition of Faculty Profiles of Research, Creativity and Student Engagement. This new annual publication highlights the diverse array of faculty and student scholarship taking place at MSU.
- MSU's Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) has received a $155,000 award from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to
support long-term disaster recovery in Eastern Kentucky. The project, led by RSVP Project Director Teresa Judd, will
support two volunteer case management positions to aid in the on-going
needs of the residents affected by the floods that devastated areas of
in Carter, Rowan, and Johnson counties in July 2015.
- Dr. Shannon Harr, Director of Research Integrity and Compliance in the MSU Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, is the 2015 recipient of the Distinguished Staff Service Award. The award, initiated in 1990, honors staff that demonstrate service above and beyond one's job responsibilities both on campus and in the community.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has awarded MSU's Space Science Center a $7.9 million contract as part of its Next
Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships (NextSTEP) to advance
concept studies and technology development projects in the areas of
advanced propulsion, habitation and small satellites. This contract is the largest sponsored research program award in the University's history.