Five Fabulous Reasons to Attend Grad School at MSU
1. Over 15 graduate programs offered totally online
MSU has many online graduate degree and non-degree programs that are carefully designed to provide students with the tools they need not only to succeed in their careers but to become leaders in their field. All of our online programs are accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
2. One year master's programs
MSU provides student's the opportunity to complete a master's degree in as little as one year for the following programs.
* Master of Arts in Adult and Higher Education – Please contact Dr. David Barnett
* Master of Arts in Career and Technical Education – Agriculture – Please contact Dr. Joyce Stubbs
* Master of Arts in Communication – Please contact Dr. Noel Earl
* Master of Arts in Wellness Promotion – Please contact Dr. Monica Magner
* Master of Business Administration – Please contact Keith Moore
* Master of Music – Music Performance – Please contact Dr. Curt Hammond
* Master of Music – Music Education – Please contact Dr. Curt Hammond
* Master of Arts in Social Sciences - Please contact Dr. Ric Caric
3. Low student/faculty ratio
At MSU, you are more than just a number. We’re friendly and down-to-earth with faculty and staff who know students by name. With a 17:1 student/faculty ratio, you’ll get the focused attention you deserve and have more access to your professors.
4. Over 90 graduate assistantships offered each academic year
As a graduate assistant, you will be engaged in many activities that contribute to the teaching, research, creative activity and service efforts of MSU. Each year, over 90 assistantships with a stipend of $10,000 are offered to graduate students who are admitted to a degree program.
5. MSU's Master of Arts in Adult & Higher Education completely online
The Master of Arts in Adult and Higher Education is an excellent option for those who work in higher education because it offers individuals knowledge of the basic principles and methods of program/curriculum development and evaluation and familiarity with the principles of organization and administration of personnel programs and services. It is primarily designed to develop the capacity of individuals to plan, organize, and carry through a variety of education and service programs to meet adult learners' needs in post-secondary and adult continuing education institutions.