ScholarshipsView All Scholarships
Black Achievers Scholarship
Completion of the Black Achievers Program in the Lexington (KY), Louisville (KY) or Cincinnati (OH) areas with a minimum ACT score of 18 and an admission index of at least 500.
Deadline: March 2016
Amount of Award: Full tuition
Annual Number of Awards: 2 scholarships per program
Application ProcedureStudents interested in applying for these scholarships must first apply for admission to MSU by completing the Admission and Scholarship Application (www.moreheadstate.edu/apply).
After applying for admission, you will must also submit the following scholarship application materials:
1. The Diversity Opportunity Scholarship application packet linked to this listing; and
2. A recommendation from the Program’s Senior Cluster Leader; and
3. A copy of your Black Achiever Senior Scholarship Packet or Portfolio.
Requirements1. Completion of the Black Achievers Program in the Lexington (KY), Louisville (KY) or Cincinnati (OH) areas with a minimum ACT score of 18 and at least a 450 admission index; and
2. Submit a letter of recommendation from the Program’s Senior Cluster Leader(s); and
3. Submit a copy of your Senior Scholarship Packet or Portfolio submitted to the program Director.
Criteria for renewal: Must maintain a 3.00 cumulative MSU GPA, continuous full-time (at least 12 hours) enrollment with MSU, and satisfy mandatory housing policy.
This scholarship cannot be combined with another MSU scholarship covering the cost of tuition; the Dean's Scholar; or tuition waiver (MSU or state mandated). If the student is awarded another MSU scholarship covering the cost of tuition, or receives a tuition waiver (MSU or state mandated) their tuition charges will be covered by that award, making them ineligible for this scholarship.