Print Logo
  • Much more about you

    Office of the Registrar

  • Registrar - assistance

    Office of the Registrar

  • Much more student service

    Office of the Registrar

MSU Home :: Course Transfer Equivalencies

Official Transfer Transcript Policy

Students transferring to Morehead State University will be required to submit official transcripts from each institution attended.

When submitting official transcripts to MSU, students can:

  •  Have an official copy mailed directly to MSU:
    • Mailing address: Morehead State University     or     Morehead State University
                                 100 Admissions Center                   201 Ginger Hall
                                 Morehead, KY 40351                       Morehead, KY 40351 
  • Have an official copy sent electronically via secured server or secured email service from the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, or eSCRIP-SAFE.
  • Hand deliver an official school issued copy in a sealed envelope. *Please note that transcripts delivered in an open envelope will NOT be considered official.*

Students that have not submitted an official copy of each transcript by midterm following the semester for which they were admitted will have a hold placed on their account preventing pre-registration for the next term. 


Course Transfer Equivalencies

We accept credit from institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Higher Education     (MSA) 
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges -- Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools – Higher Learning Commission              (NCA)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities      (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools     (SACS)
  • Western Association of Colleges and Schools      (WASC)

Here are some colleges in our area for which we have developed equivalency charts.  Keep in mind, these charts are not meant to include all coursework from any of these colleges.  This is just a listing of some of the more popular courses that are transferred to MSU.   Also note that a course equivalency does not guarantee that a course will be marked a repeat and course level is determined by the course taken, not the course it may be substituted for at MSU.  

Please select your transfer institution:

© Copyright 2015 Morehead State University - 150 University Blvd. Morehead, KY 40351 • 1-800-585-6781
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, educational institution.