ScholarshipsView All Scholarships
Diversity Opportunity Scholarship
Be admitted to MSU as an entering freshman or as a transfer student with less than 30 total semester hours and have an ethnic background of one of Hispanic/Latino, African American, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
Deadline: March 16, 2015
Amount of Award: Full Tuition
Annual Number of Awards: 5
Application ProcedureTo be eligible for a scholarship, you must first apply to Morehead State University by completing the Admission and Scholarship Application (www.moreheadstate.edu/apply). In addition to the application, you need to send your 7-semester high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores to Enrollment Services, 100 Admission Center, Morehead, KY 40351.
Applicants should submit their admission application along with the Diversity Opportunity Scholarship Application packet as early as possible to ensure consideration, as funds are limited for these attractive, highly-competitive scholarships. Kentucky students who meet the criteria will first be considered for the Commonwealth Scholarship.
Recipients of the Diversity Opportunity Scholarship will be selected after the March 16, 2015, application deadline has passed. All applicants will be notified in writing of their application status after final review of applications has been completed. Please note that finalists maybe called for an interview.
RequirementsFor the 2015 fall semester Morehead State University (MSU) will be offering 5 Diversity Opportunity Scholarships valued at full-tuition. To be eligible for one of these prestigious scholarships, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Be admitted to MSU as an entering freshman or as a transfer student with less than 30 total semester hours; and
2. Be a legal resident of Kentucky; and
3. Have an ethnic background of one of the following: Hispanic/Latino, African American, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander; and
4. Be unconditionally admitted; and
5. Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
6. Have a minimum ACT composite score of 18 or higher (or ACT combined score of 860 or higher); and
7. Submit a completed Undergraduate Admissions Application Packet (admission application form, applicable transcript(s) and test scores (ACT or SAT) and a completed Diversity Opportunity Scholarship Application post marked by the March 16, 2015 priority deadline.
Criteria for renewal: Achieve a minimum cumulative 2.75 MSU GPA; maintain continuous full-time enrollment (at least 12 hours) with MSU; and satisfy the University’s housing policy.
This scholarship cannot be combined with another MSU scholarship covering the cost of tuition; the Eagle Excellence Award: KEESx2 Scholarship; or tuition waiver (MSU or state mandated). If the student is awarded another MSU scholarship covering the cost of tuition, or receives a tuition waiver (MSU or state mandated) their tuition charges will be covered by that award, making them ineligible for this scholarship.