Fall 2015 Designation: Craft Academy (not available to college students)
Grote-Thompson Hall, opened in 1928, was named in honor of James A. Thompson, a former Speaker of the Kentucky House of Representatives who was responsible for helping establish Morehead State Teacher's college. Thompson Hall became Grote-Thompson Hall in October of 2008 in honor of Dr. C. Nelson Grote, MSU's 11th President. This building, first opened as a male residence hall, was home to U.S. Navy trainees receiving training to be shipboard electricians during 1942 -1944. Designed in the "cluster living" concept, the hall has 3 "clusters" of rooms on each floor. Each cluster contains seven double occupancy rooms that share a bathroom, cooking facilities, TV lounge area, and laundry facilities. Each room is furnished with window blinds, beds, study desks and chairs, closets, bulletin boards, book shelves with lighting underneath, mirrors with lights over the top, telephone jack with local service (students will need to provide an analog telephone), cable television jack and wired internet port.
Room Size: 13'8" X 12'
Window Size: 66" X 26.5" (blinds are provided)
HI: 88° LO: 65°
© Copyright 2014 Morehead State University -
150 University Blvd. Morehead, KY 40351 • 1.800.585.6781
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, educational institution.