President's diversity Council Meeting 12/7/11
Attendees: Stacey Timberlake, Brice Yates, Evangeline Day, Lora Pace, Ritta Abell
• First Year Seminar had a diversity speaker for various seminar classes
• SEEDS is wrapping up for the semester. Evangeline came and spoke at last event.
• Transition Fair was a success. Had about 450 students attend.
• Evangeline is still working on Barrier Busters. She wants to empower students to speak up about things that may be broke or out of place.
• Evangeline is thinking about setting up a team site to receive feedback for Barrier Busters.
• Barrier Busters is open to campus community.
• Dr. Abell is recommending to get a digital signage board for the bell tower.
• Breckinridge Hall factually/staff member are concerned why they do not have a directory list. Employees feel there should be uniformity across the campus.
• The Communications Department is working on two new programs: Strategic Communication will include Organizational Communication, Public Relations and Leadership. Convergent Media will include Journalism, Web Design and Electronic Media. The new program will have Health Communication.
• Brice reminded committee about Rights of Passage Ceremony, Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 6 p.m. in the Crager Room. Rights of Passage has been on campus over 25 years.