ScholarshipsView All Scholarships
The Honors Scholarship is highly competitive and will be offered to a limited number of entering freshmen each year.
Recipients of the Honors Scholarship receive the following benefits:
• Scholarship covers tuition, on-campus housing cost up to a four-person suite, $5,000, and $1,500 one-time study abroad allowance; and is applied after other eligible aid is posted. Total financial aid may not exceed total cost of attendance.
• Participation in the George M. Luckey, Jr. Academic Honors Program and access to the Honors House
• An Undergraduate Research Fellowship with a faculty mentor
• Opportunities for regional engagement, service-learning and volunteer experiences
• Up to $1,500 in funds to be used for a required overseas experience
• Priority Registration
Deadline: December 1, 2015
Amount of Award: Scholarship covers tuition, on-campus housing cost up to a four-person suite, $5,000, and a $1,500 one-time study abroad allowance; and is applied after other eligible aid is posted. Total financial aid may not exceed total cost of attendance.
Annual Number of Awards: limited
Before completing the Honors Scholarship Application, you must separately submit a complete University Admissions Application Packet found at (http://www.moreheadstate.edu/apply), high school transcript and ACT/SAT test scores to:
Office of Financial Aid
100 Admissions Center
Morehead, KY 40351
Submit all Honors Scholarship application checklist materials via U.S Mail to:
Morehead State University
George M. Luckey, Jr. Honors Program
Morehead, KY 40351
Please submit all Honors Scholarship application checklist materials via U.S Mail to the address listed above. Incomplete or misdirected application packets will not be considered. Receipt of your application will be confirmed by e-mail. Since E-mail will be an important means of communication throughout this process, please make sure your e-mail address is accurate, legible, and current. Check for messages regularly.
Scholarship students will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Academic achievement, including grade point average and test scores, as well as challenging coursework.
• Leadership and service experiences
• Awards and recognitions
• Sample of Work
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit campus and to review the Honors Handbook before applying. The Handbook can be found at (www.moreheadstate.edu/honors
Additional InformationWe anticipate that we will be conducting interviews in January 2016.