DREAMS Mentoring & Leadership Program Overview
DREAMS (Dedicated to Retention, Education, and Academic Success at Morehead State) is a mentoring program designed to assist in the social, personal, and academic acclimation to Morehead State University by pairing incoming first-year students with outstanding faculty, staff, and graduate students who act as mentors throughout the academic year. This program provides students with a network of support among students, faculty, staff and alumni. This mentoring program creates a close environment between fellow students that helps to strengthen the communities in which the students participate. The overarching goal of the DREAMS Program is to empower students to make a successful transition to college and progress towards their dreams.
Purpose and Goals
To equip students with tools for success by doing the following: challenging students to start strong and achieve academic success, connecting the student to the campus through involvement with a mentor, encouraging participation in campus services and student organizations, and preparing students to become leaders and future mentors.
- Retention rates for DREAMS students will meet and/or exceed all University retention rates
- DREAMS mentee will benefit from the opportunity to strengthen his or her leadership skills
- Mentors and Mentees provide resources for one another and develop a sense of community for the students in the program
- DREAMS students will be able to identify careers associated with their academic majors and co-curricular interests/activities
- DREAMS students will be able to recognize and communicate valuable resources available for student growth
- DREAMS students will develop interpersonal skills valuable to their personal development
For further information, contact:
Joshua Moore, Minority Academic Services Coordinator, (606)783-9051 or
Charles Holloway, Chief Diversity Officer, (606)783-2022