Library Support for the Governor’s Scholars Program
The Camden-Carroll Library staff enthusiastically supports the Governor’s Scholars Program (GSP). We look forward to helping GSP students, faculty, and staff in any way possible.
Library hours are available at http://www.moreheadstate.edu/library/hours.
GSP students may check out library materials using their official MSU ID. The library collection is searchable via the search box on the library home page at http://www.moreheadstate.edu/library.
The library collection includes:
- iPads, laptops, video cameras, and other multimedia equipment
- Books (non-fiction and fiction)
- Extensive movie (DVD) and music collections
- A graphic novels collection
- Recreation Reading collections
- An Appalachian-Kentucky collection of fiction, biography, and non-fiction. Includes KY genealogy, Jesse Stuart, James Still, and Roger Barbour Collections.
- A Career Collection
- Multicultural Reading Room and related books
- A Map Collection
The library has over 140 journal and reference databases, containing full-text articles, videos, and other academic materials. These databases may be searched from within the library, or from outside the library by entering an MSU ID# and Password.
A clickable list of all library databases is available at http://research.moreheadstate.edu/az.php.
A list of databases by academic subject can be found at http://research.moreheadstate.edu/ds.
LIBRARY SPACES AND TECHNOLOGY:
The library has wireless enabled space and technology that can be used by individuals, groups, or classes. Here is a sampling of what we can provide:
- Library Commons (1st Floor West)
Equipped with 13 desktop computers, as well as a SmartBoard and a large display screen, rolling white boards, and tables and chairs that are easily arranged for small or large groups. The Commons also includes a presentation area with projector and screen with seating for 40 students.
- Learning Technology Lab (1st Floor West )
Equipped with 10 specialized computers, scanners, and software used in multimedia design and production. Reservable.
- Tutoring Lab (1st Floor Center)
Equipped with 20 computers in a very modern setting.
IMPORTANT: Tutoring Lab computers may be used for academic purposes only, and require an I.D. swipe at the front door. These computers should be used only if other computers are not available.
- Library Classroom (Room 201)
Classroom with 24 computers and SmartBoard. iClickers are available. Reservable.
- Learning Resource Center(1st Floor East)
Provides 19 computers, movies, music, games, puppets, and space for classes to meet. Reservable.
- Seminar Room A (Room 306)
Large traditional meeting space with a computer, SmartBoard, and large tables with seating for 20 – 30 people. Reservable.
- Presentation Room (Room 227).
Has computer, laptop hookup , and large display screen for group work. Reservable.
- Study Room (Room 226)
Equipped with computer, laptop hookup, and multi-touch SmartBoard. Reservable.
- Two large traditional library reading rooms (2nd Floor)
Can be used for study or teaching.
- iPad Cart with 30 iPads
Can be used to teach classes or use apps in any available library space. Reservable.
- Blu-Ray Carts
Can be moved anywhere in the library for the viewing of videos.
LIBRARY RESEARCH HELP:
Students can get assistance with any library or research-related question merely by contacting us. The various ways to contact us are listed at http://www.moreheadstate.edu/library/gethelp/.
LIBRARY STAFF AND INSTRUCTION:
We have library staff who are available to:
- Provide library tours.
- Provide instruction to students on how to do research using library databases and resources.
- Provide assistance to students on how to use technology (e.g. video-making, graphic design, etc.)
- Share the holdings of our Appalachian-Kentucky collection and special collections related to James Still and Jesse Stuart.
- Create web guides (LibGuides) for classes to facilitate use of Library resources.
- Lead book talks on young adult fiction (LRC) or graphic novels.
- Brief the GSP faculty and staff on the Library services available for them and their students.
- Provide instruction on any other topic as needed.
For specifics on how to use these resources and services, or for any questions, please contact: