select or change your meal plan for Spring 2017 semester
please Come to the EagleCard Office, located at 31 Allie Young Hall, to make meal plan selections and changes.
A meal plan is an efficient and easy choice and will offer you convenience and flexibility to your dining experience at MSU. Meals can be used at all food services locations on campus, excluding Starbucks and the P.O.D. Convenience Store in Alumni Tower. Each time you make a purchase your account is reduced by one meal when on a meal plan. Funds for the University's meal plans are accessed using the contactless chip (flyBUY) portion of your EagleCard.
What are BeakerBUCKS and Flex Dollars?
BeakerBUCKs is MSU's all-in-one account and is an option for all enrolled students and current employees. This includes non-traditional students and commuters. BeakerBUCKS are accepted at multiple locations across campus including Dining Services (6% discount), University Bookstore, Library, MSU Document Center, concessions, vending, copiers, printers and businesses/restaurants in the community.
All meal plan options come with additional Flex Dollars which can be used for additional purchases at all on-campus dining locations, including Starbucks and the P.O.D. Convenience Store in Alumni Tower. Flex Dollars are not accepted at the bookstore or any of the vending locations. If you use all of the Flex Dollars on your meal plan you have the option to add funds to your EagleCard ID. This amount will be put into a BeakerBUCKS account.
Meal Plan and BeakerBUCKS Selections Spring 2017
Meal Plans for spring 2017 may be used starting Thursday evening, Jan. 12, 2017 at Alumni Tower. Please select/change meal plan and BeakerBUCKs no later than Jan. 3, to help guarantee accuracy on your billing. Beginning Tuesday, Jan. 17, students will need to visit the EagleCard Office in Allie Young, Rm 31 to select or change meal plans. The last day to change your meal plan for Spring 2017 after the semester starts is Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2017.
- All on-campus freshman and sophomores (credit hours 0-59), who are under 21 years of age and are unmarried, are required to participate in one of the University Meal Plans (Mandatory Meal/Dining Policy).
- Freshman students (0-29 credit hours) are required at minimum to select the 160 block plan but may choose to select from three other different plans.
- Sophomores (30-59 credit hours) automatically default to the 160 block plan but may choose to select a different plan.
- Juniors, seniors and graduate students may opt for any plan of their choice.
- Students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours with at least one class located on MSU’s main campus who do not select a meal plan, are required to participate in MSU’s Supporting Success Flex program, and will automatically have $100 in FLEX dollars to be used at campus dining locations. Students will be billed for the FLEX dollars.
You must complete your Protect Class Schedule Plan via MyMoreheadState before your meal plan or BeakerBUCKs order will be applied to your student account and activated for use. All students must submit meal plan orders for the fall term. The spring term will be covered by the fall/spring meal plan contract unless a student want to change their meal plan or their default status for the 160 changes to Junior status.