Established in the Spring of 2007, the Multicultural Leadership Council (MLC) was launched as an umbrella organization in which all student groups, intramural teams and Greek organizations could come together in order to unify the minority voice at Morehead State University. Originally established as the Minority Leadership Caucus, MLC provides academic initiatives and social programming events that will endow underrepresented students on this campus an opportunity to support one another and amplify the collective college experience. The mission of the MLC is to promote academic and social success by providing resources and support through active outreach and programming to enhance the life of underrepresented students of Morehead State University. View the MLC Constitution
To join, fill out the online membership application
, or print out a copy
and turn it into the Multiculturalism, Inclusion & Leadership office.
Purpose and Goals
- To develop leadership skills and equip students with necessary professional and social etiquette.
- To act as a means of public relations for Morehead State University, and to function as an outlet for those students who are participating.
- To promote/facilitate interaction amongst students and/or faculty/staff for the purposes of sharing common goals, objectives, and issues related to minority student development.
- Develop leaders of integrity who enable positive action.
- To ensure students are held accountable for actions and success as a student and human being.
- To give each student an opportunity for personal development.
The MLC meets every other Thursday at 5:00 p.m. in EDEC (AY 033)