Provisional Admission - An academic enrichment program that provides students with access to individualized academic advising, peer-facilitated support and other services that focus on academic success throughout the first year of college. Provisionally accepted students will participate in the Eagle Success Program with the option of participation in the Success Academy.
Conditional Admission - Students in this category are strongly encouraged to participate in the Success Academy in the summer. Successful completion of Success Academy (GPA of 2.70 or higher) will allow students to participate in the Eagle Success Program.
For more information, visit our FAQ or contact us at 606-783-2084.
MSU's Success Academy is a six-week intensive summer program, designed to ensure you successfully transition from high school to college. Benefits include:
- Complete two general education courses (or one developmental course and one gen. ed.) prior to your first semester
- Highly individualize academic advising
- Peer-mentoring and support
- Educational enrichment and leadership opportunities
- Career exploration activities
- Expand your study skills, time management, goal-setting and test-taking strategies
- Meet new friends and develop a support system away from home
- Discounted Rate: seven credit hours, textbooks, housing and two meals per day for $2400 ($1600 if commuting) - pricing is tentative for 2017
Eagle Success Program
The Eagle Success Program is a year-long program, designed to provide you with academic guidance and support. This program includes specific co-curricular programming and initiatives to enhance your overall educational experience at MSU. Participation is required for all provisionally admitted students. Conditionally admitted students will be allowed to enroll in the Eagle Success Program upon successful completion of the Success Academy (GPA of 2.70 or higher).