BUS in professional studies degree
Students are now able to apply an Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
degrees from Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) toward the completion of an online Bachelor of University Studies in Professional Studies at MSU.
KCTCS graduates who meet the admissions requirements and academic policies of MSU will be eligible for admission to an online Bachelor of University Studies in Professional Studies degree program. This 2+2 agreement enables KCTCS graduates to complete a bachelor’s degree in the equivalent of two years of full-time study. It is specifically designed to be compatible with professional schedules and family commitments of adult students. Because it is a completely online program, KCTCS students who transfer into the program do not need to relocate to the MSU campus in Morehead.
To be eligible for the program KCTCS students must:
- Complete an AAS degree.
- Meet MSU’s requirements for admission which include a minimum grade point average of 2.0 for all classes taken.
- Apply to and be accepted to MSU.
Due to the online nature of the program, KCTCS students transferring into this program are exempt from participation in the First Year Seminar course and compulsory on-campus housing requirements.
collaborative BUS in Professional studies (EKU + MSU)
MSU and Eastern Kentucky University offer a collaborative program for completion of a bachelor's degree (with a qualifying associate's degree). EKU will offer a Bachelor of Arts Professional track-General Studies and MSU will offer a Bachelor of University Studies - Professional Studies track. Students will pick MSU or EKU as their "home" school and attend classes at the MSU Jackson campus, EKU Corbin, EKU Manchester, University Center of the Mountains in a rotating format. Students may take classes online, ITV, or in a traditional classroom setting.
View the Course Term Plan rotation for MSU and EKU
1. Complete Application for EKU + MSU Collaborative Program (which is separate from our Admissions/Scholarship Application)
2. Submit your official transcripts that note completion of your Associate of Applied Science degree. If you are in your last term of your AAS, have your Registrar's Office submit a letter that your degree is pending along with your transcripts. Once your degree is complete, submit official transcripts.
3. Requirements for program - At least a 2.0 GPA or above & completion of your Associate of Applied Science degree