Rank I Program Secondary
The Rank I program for teachers is planned for a minimum of 60 graduate hours including the master's degree or is planned for 30 graduate hours in addition to the requirements for the Fifth-Year Program.
- Must hold a Master's degree from an accredited college or university or have completed a Fifth-Year Program.
- Must hold a valid teaching certificate.
- Must meet additional requirements of specific programs.
- Student must have a 3.0 GPA on all graduate course work.
- A minimum combined score on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE of 650 or a minimum 25 raw score (370-375 Scaled Score) on the Miller Analogies Test is required.
Requirements for the Rank I Program
- The program must be planned with the student's advisor at the beginning of the program.
- A minimum of 60 graduate hours including the master's degree or the fifth-year plus 30 hours is required for Rank I.
- A GPA of 3.0 or better in all work offered for the program. No credit is accepted on grades lower than "C."
- A minimum of 30 semester hours (of the total 60 hours) in courses open only to graduate students.
- Up to nine semester hours (of the last 30) may be earned at another accredited institution and transferred to this program.
- Credit earned by correspondence shall not apply toward the Rank I program.
- The student must meet University exit assessment criteria.
- Must meet additional requirements of specific program:
- All graduate students pursuing this program must maintain a 3.0 graduate GPA. Students falling below a 3.0 will be placed on a one-semester period of probation. Students failing to achieve a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 at the end of the probation semester will be dropped from their respective program. Any student who receives grades of "C" in more than two courses will be immediately dropped from his/her respective program.
- Satisfactorily complete all course work and classes as required and have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Must be unconditionally admitted.