Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides quality online educational opportunities in business for degree and course completion. MSU's MBA program focuses on working professionals and is designed for individuals seeking to improve their management success. Those with undergraduate degrees in business may complete the program with a minimum of 30 semester hours. Those without the undergraduate business core courses may be admitted to the program by completing the appropriate number of prerequisite courses as determined by the MBA program director.
Our MBA program can be completed online via the Internet.Classes may be accessed from anywhere using our Blackboard course management system. All you need is a computer, an Internet connection, a software package such as Microsoft Office and an e-mail address. The degree requirements for our MBA specify that all students must complete 24 core (required) hours and 6 hours of free electives. Elective classes are offered in the areas of :
- Computer Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- General Management
1. Complete the
Graduate Admissions Application
and a one-time non-refundable $30 application fee.
2. Submit an official undergraduate transcript with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
3. Submit an official GMAT score report. A minimum score of 400 is required for all applicants who have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate G.P.A. Applicants who have less than a 3.0 undergraduate G.P.A. but higher than the minimum 2.5 G.P.A. can use the following admission index formula to determine the GMAT score needed for admission. The admission index is computed as follows: (undergraduate G.P.A. * 200) + GMAT score = INDEX. The index must equal a minimum of 1000. A minimum GMAT score of 400 is required (applicants must submit test scores to be considered for admission). Students not meeting the minimum 2.5 undergraduate G.P.A. requirement may be admitted to the MBA program if their G.P.A. in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study was at least a 2.75 and have a minimum composite index of 1,050.
4. If a student has earned a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution the GMAT is not required. The GRE may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT. The decision on whether to accept the GRE will be made on a case-by-case basis by the MBA Director.
5. Students may be conditionally admitted (permitted to take up to 12 graduate hours) into the MBA program. Conditionally admitted students may only take foundation courses and must have met all other admission requirements. Once a student has completed the foundation course requirements, they will be unconditionally (fully) admitted.
6. The foundation course sequence, or comparable course work, must be completed prior to full admission with at least a 3.0 grade point average and no grade of less than C in any course. Students may use College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) examinations to satisfy the foundation course requirements.
Graduates of this program are qualified to assume leadership and management positions in a variety of fields.
MSU's Career Services
offers career planning, interview and resume preparation assistance, internship placement, and services to help you find a job after you graduate.