Submit your $150 enrollment deposit. This deposit tells us you are ready to begin preparing for classes. Once we receive your deposit, we will send you information about orientation, registering for classes, and housing. The deadline to submit your deposit is May 1. Pay Online
Once you become a member of the Eagle nation, you'll be encouraged to participate in the summer Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) program. During your SOAR session, you will register for classes, have your photo taken for your EagleCard (student ID), sign up for a meal plan and complete tasks to prepare you for your first semester, such as:
- Talk with a financial aid counselor
- Learn more about programs and services during the Academic and Service Fair
- Meet with a representative from the Office of Student Housing
- Talk with a representative from your academic department of interest
- Visit the University Bookstore
- Socialize with other first-year students
- Talk to current Eagles about ways to get involved on campus
2017 SOAR Dates - Register online
You must be accepted to MSU before you can register to attend a SOAR program. If you have questions regarding your admission status please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 606-783-2000 or email@example.com.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to attend.
- There is no fee to register for SOAR.
- In order to provide the best service, there are a limited number of spaces for each program. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you need to cancel the date for which you have registered, call 606-783-5208.
- If you need assistance during SOAR or during the school year because of a temporary or permanent disability, please contact Disability Services at 606-783-5188.
- For basic information about SOAR, visit our FAQ page.
When you register for SOAR online, you must select a major, undecided area of interest, or undecided.
College of Education
Caudill College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Kristin Tiedeman, retention coordinator
College of Business and Technology
Laura King, retention coordinator
Tina Stevens, retention coordinator
College of Science
Marlene Blankenbuehler, retention coordinator