Skip to main content


How do I apply for Housing?
Incoming students will apply for housing online through MyMoreheadState (instructions). 

Is there an application deadline?
There is no application deadline, but residents are encouraged to apply for housing and sign their Housing Agreement (contract) as soon as they are able to. Commitment times to login and select your space are awarded in the order that those documents are completed. The best chance to be able to select the room you want happens when you apply and complete your contract early!

Can I commute to MSU? Do I have to live on campus?
All full-time students under the age of 21, who have not accumulated 60 University recognized credit hours are required to reside on campus. If your parent/guardian lives within 50 miles of campus, you're married, or you're a single parent you may commute, however you must have an Exemption Request Form (waiver request) on file with Student Housing. 

Can I get a private room?

There are a limited number of single occupancy rooms for first-year students in Cartmell Hall for the 2017-2018 academic year. Additional opportunities for reduced occupancy rooms or private rooms will be communicated by the Office of Student Housing after each semester begins.

Does MSU have Family housing?
We do not have space to accommodate our married students or students with families on campus. We recommend that you look in the Morehead community for additional options.

When do I have to be in my room at night?
There is no curfew for on-campus residents, however there are visitation hours for opposite sex guests. Exterior building doors are locked 24-hours a day and it is required that students use their EagleCard to enter their designated building.

Who will clean my room?
Although custodial staff are employed in all Residence Halls/Apartments to keep public areas and public/community bathrooms clean, you are expected to clean your own room and private bathrooms (apartments and suites have bathrooms in the living unit which students are responsible for cleaning).

May I have overnight guests of the same sex in my room?
Yes, but only if they do not create a disturbance to your roommate or other residents. Guests of residents are not permitted to stay for longer than 3 nights per week. Students residing in University Housing are responsible for assuring that their guests are aware of and comply with all policies and procedures of Morehead State University.

What is my mailing address if I live on campus?
Your mailing address is Your Name, Your Room Number - Your Residence Hall, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY 40351. For example Beaker Eagle, 101 Alumni Tower, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY 40351.

Are my personal belongings insured by the University?
No. The University does not assume responsibility at any time for the private property of its students and is not liable for the loss or damage of any article of personal property anywhere on the premises. You or your parents are encouraged to carry appropriate insurance to cover your personal property.

How do I pay for my housing?
Your housing fees are applied to your student account just like your tuition. You should refer to the University calendar for the University fee schedule.

What if I get to campus and find that my roommate(s) and I are not compatible?
Students are required to fill out a roommate agreement during the first week of school. This typically helps to resolve issues prior to them arising. If you find that things are not working out we encourage our students to talk to one another. If at this point it seems that things are not getting better, students should contact their Resident Advisor (RA) to set up roommate mediation. If after this process is complete you still feel it would be better to remove yourself from your living situation we will help you identify other spaces on campus.

Will I be allowed to decorate my room?
Yes, however we ask that when decorating you use materials that will not damage the room. (We recommend 3M adhesive hooks and painters' tape).

What should I bring/not bring with me to campus?
Please review our list of suggested items. This list is not all-inclusive, but it will give you an idea of what's allowed and recommended.

May I remain in the Residence Hall if I withdraw from school?
No, due to the demand for on-campus space, you must be enrolled. If you withdraw from school, you must check out of your room within 48 hours, unless an extension is granted by the Dean of Students or the Office of Student Housing.

What are the requirements to live in campus apartments?
We require students to have 48 University-recognized credit hours and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 when applying for apartment housing.

I will be a freshman and would like to live with an upperclassman; is this possible?
All first year students will be expected to live in a First Year Experience building (Cartmell, East Mignon, or Mignon Tower for the 2017-2018 academic year). Those buildings are staffed and programmed specifically for first year students and their specific needs adjusting and connecting to campus. Students that have special circumstances that would necessitate living with an upperclass student should contact the Office of Student Housing. Those mixed-status rooms will be housed in Alumni Tower or Nunn Hall.
  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • MSU at Ashland
    1400 College Drive, Ashland, KY 41101
  • MSU at Mt. Sterling
    3400 Indian Mound Drive, Mt. Sterling, KY 40353
  • MSU at Prestonsburg
    6 Bert Combs Drive, Prestonsburg, KY 41653
  • MSU at West Liberty
    155 University Drive, West Liberty, KY 41472
Major In You.