Skip to main content

Transferring to MSU

Our transfer coordinator can assist you with transfer credit evaluation. Visit for admission assistance.

Sheila Barber, Transfer Coordinator

Official Transfer Transcript Policy

Students transferring to MSU will be required to submit official transcripts from each institution attended. When submitting official transcripts to MSU, students can:
  • Have an official transcript mailed to MSU Admissions or the Office of the Registrar.
  • Have an official transcript sent electronically via secured server or secured email service from the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or eSCRIP-SAFE.
  • Hand-deliver an official, school-issued transcript in a sealed envelope (transcripts delivered in an open envelope will not be considered official).
Students that have not submitted an official copy of each transcript by midterm following the semester for which they were admitted will have a hold placed on their account preventing pre-registration for the next term.

Course Transfer Equivalencies  

Visit this website to view a list of transfer institutions and course equivalencies. If you have any questions, please contact the transfer coordinator.

We accept credit from institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies:
  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Higher Education (MSA) 
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges -- Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools – Higher Learning Commission (NCA)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
  • Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC)
  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Admissions
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Financial Aid
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Accounting & Financial Services (Student Billing)
    207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, KY 40351
  • Registrar
    201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351
Major In You.