Skip to main content


Transcript Request Policy

  • Requests for official transcripts are made through the Office of the Registrar.
  • Requests may be made online, in person, or by mail. Online ordering is preferred. Requests by phone are not acceptable.
  • Normal processing time for transcripts is 48 business hours, excluding electronic transcripts (see below). Transcripts for students who attended prior to 1982 may take longer.
  • We cannot process transcript requests for students with holds. If you have a hold on your account, you must clear the hold prior to ordering your transcript.
  • We do not fax transcripts. We do have the capability to send transcripts via email, but only for orders placed online (see below).
  • If you wish to pick up your transcript, you must have a photo ID.
  • Transcripts are $7 per copy.

Request an electronic transcript from your myMoreheadstate account (preferred option)

Request a Transcript Online

Morehead State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering online. You may order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. ​
  • The National Student Clearinghouse website will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees.
  • There is a link to help and technical support available on the National Student Clearinghouse website.
  • Order updates will be emailed to you. You may also track your order online using your order number.
  • Order your official transcript now.

Request a transcript in person

  • Complete a transcript request form in the Registrar's office, 201 Ginger Hall.
  • Payment is due at the time of the request. Cash or check only.
  • You must have a photo ID to pick up a transcript.
  • On-demand transcript processing is available for an additional $8.

Request a transcript by mail

Print out this form and return to:
Office of the Registrar
Morehead State University
201 Ginger Hall
Morehead, KY 40351

Unofficial Transcripts

In some situations, you only need an unofficial transcript (does not replace the official signed and sealed transcript provided by the registrar, if you aren't sure which type of transcript is required, check with the person(s) requesting it). Your unofficial transcript can be accessed via MyMoreheadState:
  1. Log into
  2. Select “Self-Service Link"
  3. Click the "Academics" icon in the left navigation (represented by a mortarboard).
  4. Select "Unofficial Transcript."
  5. Download the appropriate transcript.
  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Admissions
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Financial Aid
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Accounting & Financial Services (Student Billing)
    207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, KY 40351
  • Registrar
    201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351
Major In You.