Both the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) program are accepting applications for Fall 2019. It is important that all interested applicants submit their applications by the following deadlines:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program (AASN), the last Friday in March.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), March 15.
Questions about the application process? Please contact Carla Aagaard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-783-2641.
Whether you're an incoming freshman who wants to be a nurse or a registered nurse looking to take your education to the next level, the Department of Nursing has a program designed to suit your needs. You'll gain knowledge and practical, hands-on skills that will prepare you for a medical career, or help you further your education to create new opportunities for professional growth.
As a student in MSU’s nursing program, you will study in facilities which employ hands-on learning with the most up-to-date equipment, high-fidelity patient simulators and live actor-clients. You'll also be able to apply the skills you learn in classrooms and labs in the real world through clinical placement. Our department has clinical affiliation contracts with more than 50 health care institutions across the state of Kentucky, including health departments, hospitals, hospices, long-term care facilities and more.
Students who wish to study nursing must apply to MSU and the Department of Nursing separately. Cohorts are selected through a competitive application process.
Both the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) program are accepting applications for Fall 2019. Contact Carla Aagaard at email@example.com
or 606-783-2641 for more information. It is important that all interested applicants submit their applications by the following deadlines:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (AASN): March 29
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): March 15
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration will undergo initial Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) program accreditation on Sept. 24-26, 2018. The on-site evaluation will take place on the campus of Morehead State University (MSU) located at 151 University Blvd, Morehead, KY 40351; phone #: 606-783-2296. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
The public is invited to submit written third-party comments that must be received by CCNE until 21 days (by Sept. 3, 2018) before the scheduled on-site evaluation. Contact information for CCNE is listed below: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750 Washington, DC 20001 P: (202) 887-6791 F: (202) 887-8476
- Morehead State University is accepting applications for the online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program with a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)-Primary Care concentration through April 15 for admission for the fall semester and Oct. 15 for the spring semester. We will continually take applications for this program throughout the semester, but you will start the upcoming semester. Please contact Lorrina White, regional academic counseling coordinator, at 606-783-2369 with questions regarding the application process for the online RN-BSN Online Degree Program or the online Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner program.