Skip to main content


If you are interested in utilizing the resources of the Office of Disability Services, you must attend a confidential intake session with the disability services coordinator. This interactive meeting can take place in person or over the phone if necessary. Please call 606-783-5188 or email Disability Services Coordinator Evangeline Day to schedule your appointment. If possible, please provide supportive documentation concerning your disability at the time of your appointment (documentation requirements). Additionally:
  • Because many accommodations require preparation time it is best to contact the Office of Disability Services well in advance of your need for them, even prior to your arrival on campus if possible.
  • Accommodations are not retroactive, i.e., your rights to them are established when your request for them is approved based on information obtained during your intake and any follow-up sessions.
  • Those accommodations that occur in class will go into effect at the time the professor is notified. For this reason, we recommend presenting a copy of your accommodation letter early in the semester.


the Intake Session

​You will be asked to provide basic information such as your student ID number, contact information and academic major. Your documentation and relevant history will be reviewed, and our understanding of the current impacts of your disability will be clarified with your input. We will work together to determine the adjustments that are both reasonable and necessary to your particular needs at the University. Your approved accommodations will be summarized in an official accommodation letter that will be released directly to you. 



  • You will be an active participant in this process.
  • Our policies and procedures agreement will be fully explained and you will be asked to sign it.
  • You will have the chance to ask any questions so that you leave your appointment with a clear plan for using your accommodations.


Continued accommodations

You may continue to access your approved classroom accommodations as needed by presenting your accommodation letter. If your disability needs change or if a unique classroom experience calls for an adjustment to existing accommodations, you should contact the Office of Disability Services. If approved, you'll be given a new accommodation letter that will reflect those changes. If you re-enroll after graduating or withdraw and later return, you'll need to contact Disability Services in order to be issued an updated accommodation letter.  
  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Admissions
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Financial Aid
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Accounting & Financial Services (Student Billing)
    207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, KY 40351
  • Registrar
    201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351
Major In You.