Skip to main content

Phone Options

Morehead State University Police Department has recently implemented a telephone call tree. The call tree is there to better assist our callers with routing them to the correct person.

As always, if you call 9-1-1 from an MSU landline phone the call will come directly to a MSU PD dispatcher. If you call 9-1-1 from your wireless device then you will be routed to the 9-1-1 center closest to your current location (i.e. if you call in Rowan County you will be routed to Morehead 9-1-1). Also, if you make an emergency call through the LiveSafe App it will be answered by an MSU PD dispatcher.

The following information will describe our phone tree:

You have reached the Morehead State University Police Department, if you have an emergency please press 1 now.

Otherwise, choose from one of the following options:
  • To speak with Communications for general complaints and parking complaints press 2. (This would be to file a complaint, report an accident, and parking complaints.)
  • For questions about parking and records press 3. (This would be questions about where to park, information about parking decals, and accident/complaint reports.)      
  • To speak with Lt. Hunt press 4.   
  • To speak with Captain Trent press 5.         
  • To speak with Chief Harrison press 6.        
  • For all other inquiries please stay on the line.