Skip to main content

Applying to MSU

Morehead State has been ranked in the top 15 percent of military-friendly universities in the nation by G.I. Jobs magazine for the past four years. We are dedicated to making sure that veterans, active military and their families receive the best assistance in their pursuit of higher education.

MSU Application Process

  1. Complete MSU's online application ($30 application fee will be waived with proper documentation – DD-214, etc.) 
  2. Follow additional steps via MSU’s Veterans and Current Duty Military Check list.

Applying to the Veterans Administration

You will also need to apply to the VA to use your educational benefits. If you are unsure of which benefit you qualify or want to decide between the Post 9/11 and Montgomery GI Bill®, visit the VA’s website.  GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at When you are ready to apply, complete the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP)

If you prefer to mail in your application, you may print it out and send it to the following address:

VA Regional Office 
P.O. Box 66830 
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830 
Toll-Free: 1-888-442-4551  

After you complete your online application, print and mail in your online signature page along with a copy of your DD-214 to the address listed above. If you need a copy of your DD-214, contact eVetRecs.  

Veterans Certifying Official

If you have questions about certifying your benefits at MSU or other specific benefits questions, you may also contact MSU’s Veterans Certifying Official:

Gary Cornett, VA Eligibility & Records Processing Coordinator 
Office of the Registrar 
201 Ginger Hall 
Phone: 606-783-2878  

Military Credit Evaluation

Morehead State University is a Service Members Opportunity College. Students are awarded credit for basic training and other military courses taken.  

Students who want their military work and experience evaluated for possible credit should provide the Registrar's Office with a copy of their DD 214 and any military transcript. Credit for military service is not evaluated and posted to your record until you have officially matriculated at the University.

Visit Joint Services Transcript to order your non-USAF military transcript. There is no fee for these transcripts. 

Air Force CCAF Transcript requests are accepted by mail only, for more information contact (1-334-953-2794).