Skip to main content


Have questions about your bill or need to update your billing info? The Office of Accounting & Financial Services handles the payment of tuition and fees, and the distribution of refund checks and direct deposits.

Student Billing

The Office of Accounting & Financial Services handles business dealing with student billing, including your Financial Responsibility Agreement and tax information. If you have any technical issues when using MyMoreheadState, please contact the IT Help Desk at 606-783-HELP (4357).

You must complete the following steps to activate your meal plan and BeakerBUCKs, to allow textbook charges at the University Store and to avoid cancellation of your class schedule (See Below for detailed instructions):

  1. Accept your Financial Responsibility Agreement as soon as possible.
  2. Pay your account in full or enroll in a payment plan if you have a balance due (see Academic Calendar for due dates and visit for instructions).


Financial Responsibility Agreement

When a student registers for classes they create a financial responsibility to Morehead State University. The total semester charges (tuition, housing, meal plans, books and fees) minus financial aid, scholarships, waivers, and third party payments for each semester result in the amount due to the University. 

All students MUST accept a Financial Responsibility Agreement each semester and pay their balance in full or enroll in a payment plan to activate their meal plan and BeakerBUCKs, to allow textbook charges at the University Store, and to prevent cancellation of their class schedule.

To accept your Financial Responsibility Agreement:

  1. Log into MyMoreheadState.
  2. Select the Self-Service Link and then "Student Finance." Select "Financial Agreement" from the Helpful Links menu.
  3. Select the appropriate term, then click SUBMIT.
  4. Read the agreement, then select "Accept" and click SUBMIT.​

Billing Statements

MSU does not send out paper bills. You will receive an email to your MSU email account once billing is available online via Self-Service Student Finance. It is your responsibility to check your MSU email account on a regular basis. After acceptance to the University, you may establish an EagleMail address at the Eagle Account Center.

Pay your Bill

You may view or pay your account online:
  1. Log into MyMoreheadState and select the Self-Service Link.
  2. Select "Student Finance."
  3. Click "Make a Payment - Payment Plan."

You may also pay your bill in person or by mail at the Office of Accounting & Financial Services (207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, Ky.).


Morehead State University offers a Payment Plan for students who need to setup installment payments for their balance due. One-third of your balance and a $50 installment payment fee is due at the time of enrollment. (See Academic Calendar for due dates)

Students must make payments as scheduled to avoid a late payment charge at the monthly rate of 1.0% on outstanding balances and to avoid having a hold placed on their account.

Set up Direct Deposit of Refunds

Have your student refund deposited to the bank account of your choice by signing up for direct deposit.
  1. Log into MyMoreheadState and select Self-Service Link.
  2. Select "Banking Information."
  3. Select "Add an Account."
  4. Select "Activate" by the "Refund, Reimbursement & Payment Deposit" option.
  5. Select "Next."
  6. Enter your bank information.
  7. Agree to the terms and conditions and submit.

1098-T Tax Information

You may elect to receive your annual IRS 1098-T tax form electronically via MyMoreheadState. This form is used to determine if you are eligible for an Education Tax Credit when you file your tax return.
  1. Log into MyMoreheadState and select the Self-Service Link.
  2. Select "Tax Information," then select "1098 Information."
  3. Select the option to receive your 1098 only in electronic format.
  4. Click "Save."
  • Morehead (Residential Campus)
    150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Admissions
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Financial Aid
    121 E. Second St., Morehead, KY 40351
  • Accounting & Financial Services (Student Billing)
    207 Howell-McDowell, Morehead, KY 40351
  • Registrar
    201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351
Major In You.