All students and staff members will evacuate the building(s) using the pre-planned evacuation route. No individuals will be allowed to remain in the building at their own risk other than those designated as search party personnel.
If you receive a bomb threat, follow the following procedures:
- Bomb threats may be received by telephone, e-Mail or letter. If you receive a bomb threat, remain calm and obtain as much information as possible:
- Exact location of the bomb
- When is it going to explode
- What kind of bomb is it
- Why was it placed here
- Who the caller is
- Immediately call the University Police Department at 783-2035 or 911 from a campus phone. Provide them any information that you have received, specifically the location and the time the bomb is suppose to explode.
- If the threat was made in writing, do not handle the letter or note any more than necessary.
- Do not touch or move any unfamiliar objects, and wait for police to arrive on the scene.
- The senior MSUPD official on site will determine if an evacuation is warranted. If the building is evacuated, account for all building occupants at the designated meeting area.
- The Provost or his/her designee will make all decisions regarding cancellation of classes.