Chapman, Dr. Hans, Assistant Professor
1. Haughery J, Chapman H., and Madhavannair R, “Developing A Customizable Renewable Energy System Laboratory Protocol For An Engineering & Technology Curriculum”, ATMEA 2013 Conference Proceedings Papers – EETC/Energy Track, [Accepted for ATMAE 2013 Conference Proceedings]
2. Case M., Rusher P., Eason T., Chapman H., and Morrison A-J., “Robust Affordable Outdoor Technique for Testing and Characterizing Photovoltaic Modules”, Journal of Arts, Science, and Technology. [Accepted: August, 2013].
3. Chapman H., Gomez E., Joshi N, and. Adhikari S., “Design, Operation, and Analysis of a Floating Water Fountain System Using Renewable Energy Technology”, Journal of Technology Studies, Volume XXXVII, No. 2, Fall 2011”.
4. Owusu Y. A, Chapman H., Eason T., and Mundoma C., “Benefits and Dangers of Nanotechnology, Health and Terrorism”, Appropriate Technologies for Environmental Protection in the Developing World, Springer Science + Business Media B.V. 2009, July, 2009.
5. Eason T., Owusu Y. A., and Chapman H., “A Systematic Approach to Assessing the Sustainability of the Renewable Energy Standard (RES) under the Proposed US Renewable Energy Act (H.R. 890)”, International Journal of Global Energy Issues Vol. 32, Nos. 1 / 2, 2009.
6. Eason T., Owusu Y. A., and Chapman H., “Assessing Sustainability: The Missing Elements in Current Environmental Assessment Approaches” Environmental and Health in Sub-Saharan Africa: Managing an Emergency Crisis, Springer Science + Business Media B.V. 2009, July, 2009.
7. Gomez E., Owusu Y. A., and Chapman H., “Design, Manufacture and Performance of a Solar-Powered Water Fountain” VDM Publishers, August 2009.
8. Case M. A., Owusu Y.A., Chapman H., Dargan T., and Ruscher P., “On the Matter of Proposed New Low Latitude Solar Reference Spectra”, Journal of Renewable Energy, Science Direct, Elsevier, Vol. 33, pp. 2645-2652, 2008.
9. Chapman H., and Owusu Y. A., “Rapid, State-of-the-Art Techniques for the Detection of Toxic Chemical Adulterants in Water Systems”, IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 8, no. 3, March 2008.
10. Owusu Y. A., Chapman H., and Mundoma C., “Design, Manufacture, and Applications of Quantum Dots and Gold Nanoparticles for Cancer Detection and Prevention”, NSTI Nanotech Proceedings, Boston, MA, USA, 2006.
Recent Conference Presentations:
1. “Enhancing the Solar Radiation Resource for Eastern Kentucky”, Mentor on Poster Presentations (Mentees: Scotty White and Andrew Greene), Posters at the Capitol Undergraduate Research Conference, Frankfort, KY, February 21, 2013.
2. “Design of a Solar Testing Facility at Morehead State University” KY Renewable Energy Conference, Louisville, KY, March 2013 [Co-Presenters: Dr. Sanjeev Adhikari, Brandon Scotty
White (graduate student), and John Robin Haughery (graduate student)].
3. “Impact of an Effective Six Sigma Quality Management System on a Construction Management Organization”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Nashville, TN, November 2012.
4. “Modeling Supply Chain Dynamics Using Intelligent Objects”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Nashville, TN, November 2012.
5. “Renewable Energy and Green Building Course”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Nashville, TN, November 2012.
6. “An Energy Systems and Sustainability Course for Manufacturing and Construction Engineering Technology Students”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Cleveland, OH, November 2011.
7. “Study of Renewable Energy Toward Green Construction”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Cleveland, OH, November 2011.
8. “Design of a Solar-Powered Floating Fountain for Analysis of Aeration in Stagnant Water”, Association of Technology, Management, and Applied engineering (ATMAE) Conference, Panama City, FL, October, 2010.
- PI on a 2-year $600,000 Grant Proposal submitted to Alpha Foundation, in collaboration with American Science and Technology (AST), and West Virginia Institute of Technology. (Status: To be re-submitted).
- Recipient of $2,400 MSU Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Internationalizing the Curriculum travel grant award in Spring 2012. (Visited Ghana in December 2012 – January 2013 to promote the teaching and research in Environmental and Energy Sustainability).
- PI on a $4,914 MSU Internal Grant proposal: Enhancing the Solar Resource Database in Eastern Kentucky”. Status – Awarded, January 2011.
- Pl on a $249,093 National Science Foundation (NSF) grant proposal: “Enhancing Materials Science Curriculum and Pedagogy, A Path to Improved Student Learning in Engineering and Technology Areas”. Status – To be re-submitted in May, 2013.
Grants Prior to MSU:
Co-PI on $1,500,000 U.S. Department of Education grant for Research Center for Cutting-Edge Technologies [October 2008 – September 2012]
Co-PI on $15,000 seed grant for Florida Institute for Energy Systems, Economics and Sustainability (IESES) [January2009 – December 2009]
Co-PI on $23,000 grant from Northrop Grumman for Engineering Scholarships and STEM Learning. [Awarded: October, 2009].