Skip Menu
Email Us!

Student Resources


Here you'll find forms and information for registration, withdrawal, degree verification and more. Additional student information regarding registration, academic planning, financial aid, etc., can be found in the Self-Service Guide.

General Registration Information

After consulting with your academic advisor, you may register for classes online via the Student Self-Service menu at MyMoreheadState. Our office can assist you throughout the registration process. You can do it all online if you need to register for a class or view your current schedule.

How to Register for Classes using Self-Service

How to Plan Courses for Future Terms using My Progress

Advance Registration

Advance registration is based on the student's current classification. See the academic calendar for the advance registration schedule.

  • Freshman: 0-29 credit hours
  • Sophomore: 30-59 credit hours
  • Junior: 60-89 credit hours
  • Senior: 90+ credit hours


Students should consult their advisors before dropping or adding courses to their schedules. All drop/add processing can be done via the Student Self-Service menu at MyMoreheadState. Students should consult the academic calendar to determine drop/add deadlines. Students dropping a course should also refer to the appropriate refund schedule for possible adjustments to their tuition charges. Dropping a course could affect eligibility for financial aid and/or housing.


A student's academic record needs to reflect an official withdrawal. Entitled refunds are not made unless the withdrawal is properly recorded. If a portion of your account was paid by federal financial aid, you might have to repay a portion of these funds to the University. Please review the Return of Title IV Funds Policy for more information.

Students cannot withdraw from all courses in a term through MyMoreheadState. To withdraw from the University, a student must complete a withdrawal form with the Office of the Registrar. Withdrawal forms should be emailed from the student's MSU email account and sent to Forms can also be mailed to the Office of the Registrar, 201 Ginger Hall, Morehead, KY 40351. All requests for withdrawal must be received by 11:59 p.m. or be postmarked by the last day to withdraw as published by the University academic calendar.

Medical Withdrawals

The Medical Withdrawal Policy (UAR 130.04) provides guidelines and procedures for graduate and undergraduate students with exceptional health circumstances requiring withdrawal from the University after the normal withdrawal period. The required forms and policy are listed on the Medical Withdrawal website. A hard copy of the policy and forms may be obtained by contacting the Office of Undergraduate Education and Student Success at 606-783-2003.

In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Morehead State University policy, non-directory information (city/state or hometown) from your official cumulative file may not be released without your written consent, except to persons engaged in the proper performance of university duties.

You also have the right to inspect, review, and challenge all official educational records, files, and data directly related to you. Request for access to such records must be made in writing to the Registrar, Morehead State University, 201 Ginger Hall.

Questions concerning this law and the University policy may be directed to the Office of the Registrar.

Change of Address Instructions

You may update your address, add an email address, phone numbers, and emergency contact information online using MyMoreheadState.

  • Step 1: Log into your account.
  • Step 2: Select the Self-Service Link. Self-Service icon
  • Step 3: Select the "User Options" icon located on the left navigational bar
  • Step 4: Select "User Profile" or "Emergency Information"
  • Step 5: Select the "Pencil" icon to update your information or the “Add New Information" button to add addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and emergency or missing person contact information.

If you do not have access to MyMoreheadState, you can submit the Change of Address Form. Please complete the form, sign it and email it to or you can mail the completed form to:

Office of the Registrar
201 Ginger Hall
Morehead, KY 40351.

Note: International Students must complete their change of address through the Office of International Services.


To request a replacement diploma, use the link below to provide information about the degree to the best of your knowledge. Once the request is received, you will be notified via email if it has been approved or denied. If the request is approved, an order will be placed for that diploma.

Please note that diploma reprints for duplicate diplomas are not issued. Replacement diploma orders are for diplomas that have been lost, destroyed, or a legal name change has been made.

Morehead State University does not retain copies of diplomas and reprints will have the names of MSU's current president and chair of the Board of Regents. In addition, we do not complete on-demand reprints. Diploma replacements are ordered once five replacements have been requested.


Current students may request a Letter of Good Standing, Enrollment Verification, Current Schedule, and other verifications by emailing from their MSU email account.

Alumni and former students who no longer have access to their MSU email may request a verification document by completing the Verification Request Form. This form is only for those who no longer have access to their MSU email account. No Verification Request Form is required if the request is submitted from an MSU email address.


Morehead State University has contracted with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide 24/7 degree and enrollment-checking services for alumni, students and employers around the world.

For access to and general information about degree and enrollment information, please visit our provider National Student Clearinghouse. You must register your company information with the National Student Clearinghouse to use this service.


Contact the Registrar's Office

Office of the Registrar

201 Ginger Hall
Morehead, KY 40351

PHONE: 606-783-2008
FAX: 606-783-9103