Skip to main content

Education Abroad

Experience the World

There are many excellent education abroad programs available to Morehead State University students and faculty. MSU is a member of several consortia and has a number of collaborative exchange agreements with foreign universities. International study experiences include short (summer/winter/spring) or long (semester/year) programs, as well as internships abroad. Academic credit is available for most education options. Financial aid can often be obtained and scholarships may be available with some programs.

Our International Education Resources page provides additional information concerning such things as preparation for travel abroad, travel insurance, travel advisories, health issues, other education abroad options and government resources, such as the U.S. State Department and the United Nations.

If you are interested in pursuing an internship, please fill out our student interest form

For more information, contact

Traveling Abroad?

All students traveling abroad must complete the Information Form for Education Abroad Participants and return the completed form to two months prior to traveling.

All MSU employees and students traveling abroad must enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) through the U.S. Department of State. To create an account and enroll, you will need your passport number. You will then need to add a trip (each location will require a new trip). STEP identifies the nearest embassies or consulates for each stage of your trip and allows you to receive updates and information of events that could affect you or your travels. STEP also allows the U.S. to know they have citizens in the area. Lead faculty need to list the education abroad director as an emergency contact.

Study in Mexico

Morehead State University's Sarah Buschman is making the most of her opportunity to travel through the University's Education Aboard program. The native of Verona, Italy spent part of the summer of 2017 in Mexico.