Skip Menu
Email Us!

Financial Aid Grants

A grant is a type of financial aid that a student usually does not have to repay. Examples: College Access Program (CAP) Grants, Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG).

College Access Program (CAP) Grants 

Grants help Kentucky’s financially needy undergraduate students attend eligible public and private colleges and universities, proprietary schools, and technical colleges. CAP Grants are administered by Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).

The CAP Grant is a need-based state funded grant that has a priority deadline of March 15 for the state of Kentucky. You may apply for Federal and State funds by completing the FAFSA online.

More information about CAP Access Program (CAP) Grants.

Pell Grant (PELL)

The Pell Grant is a need-based grant. The Pell Grant is available to degree-seeking undergraduate students with an eligible EFC (as determined on the FAFSA).

How many credit hours must I be enrolled in to receive a Pell Grant?

Full-time enrollment (12 credit hours) is required to receive the full Pell Grant award. Students with a semester course load of 1-11 credit hours may be eligible for a prorated portion of their Pell Grant.

The Pell grant has lifetime eligibility of 600% for all eligible students.

Pell Grant Information 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG is awarded based on need and the date of application until funds are exhausted. Students must be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, have a completed FAFSA and be enrolled full-time.

Contact US

Office of Financial Aid

121 E. Second St.
Morehead, KY 40351

FAFSA Code 001976

PHONE: 606-783-2011
FAX: 606-783-2293