Skip Menu
Email Us!

How to Apply

Start here to become a Morehead State student. Find step-by-step checklists for undergraduate, graduate, and transfer students, plus special information for out-of-state applicants, international students, and others.

Application Basics

Applying to Morehead State is easy. Most future students simply follow these steps:

  1. Apply online: Complete our online application (you’ll first be asked to create an account).
  2. Submit transcripts: Send us official high school transcripts (or GED scores and certificate).

We generally don’t require ACT/SAT test scores for undergraduate admission. But scores are required for scholarship eligibility, placement, or admission to certain programs.

showcase-apply-capgown-1900x915.webp stroll

Admission Requirements

Find complete requirements for future undergraduates, types of admission, scholarship eligibility info, and more.

See Undergraduate Requirements

What Kind of Student Are You?

Morehead State students come from all over, bringing different goals and life experiences.

During the admission process, we may ask what kind of student you are (for example, first-time freshman or transfer). Or we may request additional info or application steps depending on your status.

See what categories apply to you:

You’re a first-time freshman if you’re applying to Morehead State straight from high school (or after completing a GED). You may not have done any college coursework, or you may have earned some college credits while in high school.

See admission requirements

You’re a transfer student if you’ve completed college credits at another college or university after graduating high school and want to continue your education at Morehead State.

Find info for transfer students

You’re an international student if you’re applying to Morehead State as a citizen of another country. You may need to provide additional information about your academic credentials, English-language proficiency, and finances.

Find info for international students

You’re an out-of-state student if you’re a resident of any U.S. state other than Kentucky. You generally follow the same application processes as Kentucky residents, but pay out-of-state fees, etc.

Find info for out-of-state students

You’re considered a returning student if you previously attended Morehead State and want to return. (If you previously transferred to another school and now want to return, you’re a transfer student—see above).

If you’re a returning student or an adult student balancing education, work, and family, you may be interested in online options.

See additional info for adult or returning students

Morehead State welcomes U.S. military veterans, active duty servicemembers, and military families.

To apply, follow processes for first-time freshmen, transfer students, returning students, or other student types, and see additional info for veterans and military-connected students.

Find info for veterans and military-connected students

If you’re looking to apply to any of Morehead State’s master’s, doctoral, or other graduate programs, see Graduate School admissions info.

Check out graduate school information

The Craft Academy for Excellence in Science and Mathematics is a dual-credit academy for academically exceptional Kentucky students. Craft Academy provides students with a postsecondary residential experience to complete their junior and senior high school years by enrolling in college courses.


Morehead State’s dual-credit program for high-school students to take college courses is called the Eagle Scholars program.

 Go to Eagle Scholars

Visiting students are non-degree seeking and either take classes while enrolled at another college or university or take classes for personal growth and development.

If you checked "Visiting Student" on your application, you must complete this form with the signature of your current school's registrar.

Complete the Visiting Student Statement

Contact Enrollment Services

Office of Enrollment Services

121 E. Second St.
Morehead, KY 40351

PHONE: 606-783-2000
PHONE: 800-585-6781
FAX: 606-783-5038

Parking Information