Skip Menu
Email Us!

Emergency Resources

Being prepared for an emergency, such as a natural disaster, is essential. Visit MSU's emergency page to familiarize yourself with local evacuation policies and review the steps below to know what you should do to prepare for emergencies.

Although we do not anticipate any evacuation for students at MSU, we would like you to be prepared in the event of an emergency, and you are instructed to evacuate the campus and/or the city.

Important Documents

If you need to evacuate, there are certain items you must remember to bring with you. Keep the following documents in a safe, easy-to-access place:

  • Passport (and visa, if applicable).
  • Form I-20, OR DS-2019 “Certificate on Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.”
  • Social Security card (if you have one).
  • Financial records.
  • Plane tickets, if applicable.
  • Form I-766, “Employment Authorization Document,” if applicable.
  • Checks, credit cards and some cash.

Contact Information

Know contact numbers or email addresses for the principal designated school official and/or the designated school official. 

  • Erica Haddix, director of International Student Services, 239 ADUC, 606-783-2096.

Should you be unable to contact the Office of International Student Services at Morehead State University, contact the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) at or call 703-603-3400. If evacuation requires you to transfer to a different school, visit or call 703-603-3400 to determine if your new school is on the list of certified schools.