Skip Menu
Email Us!

Housing Sign-up Information

For the 2024-2025 Academic Year, housing applications will open on these dates:

  • New Students: Nov. 1, 2023
  • Transfer Students: Nov. 1, 2023
  • Current Students Living on Campus: Feb. 1, 2024

Please read the information below carefully and follow these instructions.

Information for All Students

This housing application/contract is a legally binding agreement. You and your parents/legal guardians are urged to carefully read the terms and conditions of the contract before you sign it and proceed with your application. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must also sign this contract. Even if you are over 18, we ask that your parent/legal guardian review this contract so they understand that you are entering into a legally binding agreement.

If you decide not to attend Morehead State University or choose not to live in housing after you complete the process, you are responsible for terminating this contract. You will also forfeit your housing prepayment (new students) or pay the applicable Contract Break Fee(s) (returning students). You must terminate this contract via email to from your MSU student email account. You will receive an email confirmation from the Office of Student Housing that your contract has been canceled. This applies to new and returning students. No other form of termination or intent to terminate will be accepted unless otherwise specified. The official termination date of this contract will be when the Office of Student Housing receives the termination notification. For returning students, the timing of your termination notice determines the amount of the Contract Break Fee.

We will communicate with you through your MSU email account. Please check it regularly and understand that failure to check it does not relieve you from any obligations under this contract.

Sign-Up Procedures

Tab Information

Frequently Asked Questions

There are. To be eligible to apply and subsequently live in Eagle Lake Apartments, Mays Hall Apartments, or Normal Hall Apartments, students must have 48 credit hours and at least a 2.5 GPA.

In general, students who complete the transfer student application will be placed in an upperclass residence hall as first-year halls are staffed and programmed specifically for first-year students and their unique adjustments. However, if you feel like you would benefit from more focused attention and efforts, please reach out and we will work with you.

All full-time students under the age of 21, who have not completed four semesters of residence, are required to reside on campus. If your parent/guardian lives within 50 miles of campus, you're married, you're a single parent, or other specific circumstances you may apply to commute. However, you must have an Exemption Request Form (waiver request) on file with Student Housing.

Any student seeking to live with particular people must match with them via their housing self-service portal prior to selecting a room. Additional instructions will be sent via email prior to room selection processes including same-room sign-ups. Please be aware that if you fail to match and confirm room pairings, there is no guarantee that the pairing will be able to be accommodated. If you are an upper-class student attempting to live with first-year students or vice versa, please reach out to our office to complete and/or be assigned. Your process will be a bit different.

Yes. Even if you are in a special interest group that assigns your housing for you (student-athletes, first-year Honors students, etc.) you still need to complete a housing contract. You may be able to disregard room selection processes, though, and you should confirm with your organization for further placement information and process.

Contact Us

Office of Student Housing

200 Earle Clements Lane
Alumni Tower West
UPO 2525
Morehead, KY 40351

PHONE: 606-783-2060
FAX: 606-783-5062